The Products are intended for a general audience. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. We will delete any personal information collected that we later determine to be from a user younger than the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed personal information to us, please contact Customer Service using the contact information below.
Information Collected on The Site.
RealDefense may obtain various types of personal data about customers of the Products and non-customer Site visitors. This data may include:
- Contact information (name, address, phone number, and email address);
- Information about products ordered or provided;
- Payment information, including credit card number, cardholder name, credit card verification number, and expiration date);
- Information collected through Internet-based and e-commerce activities such as information obtained from log files, cookies, clear gifs (i.e. web bugs), images, and scripts;
- Customer service and demographic data such as gender, income level, and information about your prior experiences with the RealDefense's products.
- Information collected from our third-party service providers; and
- Other transaction-related data.
- We also use the tracking technologies as described below in order to automatically (or passively) collect, store or accumulate certain non-personally identifiable information concerning your use of this Site, including your browsing history, preferences, internet addresses, unique identifiers, device types, and device location and other similar information.
- RealDefense may obtain various types of personal data about customers of the Products and non-customer Site visitors. This data may include:
Information Collected Through Software and Services
When providing the Software and Services we also may collect the following information about your computer or other device, including:
- Device information, such as the operating system version, processor type, disk space, memory space, and number of drivers;
- Information about software on your computer, including the version of certain software programs and when they were installed and/or upgraded; and
- Information collected from logs, configuration files, registry keys, and other system or software-level information.
- The data collected under this Section 2 is generally anonymous and aggregated. However, in the event that it is necessary for RealDefense to learn your identity in order to diagnose certain kinds of problems or to monitor your computer for certain events, you will be asked to authorize RealDefense to collect this additional information. You may authorize or revoke authorization to identify you during software installation, or by using the control panel.
- When providing the Software and Services we also may collect the following information about your computer or other device, including:
Identity Protection Services
- We provide certain Services that permit you the opportunity to review your credit reports, scores, and receive alerts derived from changes to your reports (the "Credit Monitoring Services"). As part of the Credit Monitoring Services, we, or our partner Identity and Credit Services, Inc. ("IDCS"), may ask you for the following types of informatio
- Contact information (such as name, address, phone number, and email address);
- Sensitive personal information (such as date of birth, driver's license number and social security number);
- Other personal information to verify your identity; and
- Certain financial information (such as credit card number).
- You will have the opportunity to decline to provide such information at that time. However, this information is required in order to verify your identity, charge you the agreed upon fees for our products and services, and to fulfill our obligation to provide our Products and Services to you, including communicating with third parties as necessary to provide such products and services, such as identification verification companies, consumer reporting agencies, payment validation companies, law enforcement agencies, or others. Without such information, we may not be able to provide some or all features of the Products.
- By using the Credit Monitoring Services, authorize IDCS and its agents and employees to obtain various information and reports about you (or about your child that you have enrolled, if applicable) in order to provide the products and/or services, including, but not limited to, address history reports, name and alias reports, criminal reports or sex offender reports, and to provide monitoring and alerts.
- By using the Credit Monitoring Services, you agree that you are providing written instructions and your consent in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act authorizing RealDefense and any monitor permitted by you and RealDefense's service providers, including but not limited to IDCS, to obtain your consumer report information, including your credit information, from the personal credit report maintained by one or more of three nationwide credit reporting agencies, Equifax, Experian and TransUnion, or any other credit bureau with which RealDefense and its service providers obtains consumer information.
Retention, Storage, and Access to Your Personal Data
- With respect to the MyCleanID Identity Protection Service, you may correct, amend, delete, or update your personal information by logging into your account at mycleanid.com.
- If you need to make any other changes to your account, or to change information related to any of the other Products, please contact us by calling us (888) 427-9359. If we are unable to help you immediately, we will respond to your request within a commercially reasonable timeframe.
- We will retain your information for as long as your account is active and as needed to provide you the Products. We will retain and use your information as reasonably necessary to conduct our business, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
You hereby agree that RealDefense may use the personal data you submit in order to:
- Accomplish its business purposes, including to deliver or provide the Products, establish or maintain customer and business relationships, improve the Site, Software, or Services, provide access to Internet-based and e-commerce activities, perform accounting functions, and conduct other activities as necessary or appropriate in connection with the servicing and development of the business relationship.
- Market its products and services to you, and the products and services of its third-party partners, including to send you information about products, services, or promotions.
- Send you service updates, announcements, and alerts related to the Products, including notices of security incidents, downtime, or planned maintenance. You may not opt-out of these service communications. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option of deactivating your account and stop using the Products.
- RealDefense may sell, transfer, or disclose personal data, including your contact information, to its affiliates, licensees, partners, and other third parties as appropriate in accordance with the terms of negotiated agreements for legitimate business or marketing purposes.
- RealDefense may, in its sole discretion, disclose your personal data in special cases: (1) when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) the rights of RealDefense or its customers and vendors; (2) when we believe in good faith that the law requires us to do so; (3) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of a Site or applicable database or in connection with a merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including, during the course of any due diligence process; and (4) in situations involving threats to the physical safety of any person.
- We do not share your credit card information with unaffiliated third parties unless you authorize us to do so, or if it is necessary to fulfill our responsibilities, including, but not limited to, delivering a product or service that you order.
- Some of our pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to/from our partners while preserving the look and feel of our Site. Please be aware that you are providing your personal information to these third parties and not to RealDefense.
- Your data is of the upmost importance to us. We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and other transmission technologies to ensure that all your personal data is encrypted so it cannot be read in transit. In addition, we use secure technology, privacy protection controls, and restrictions on employee access, to safeguard your personal information in storage.
- Please note, however, that although we employ industry-standard security measures to safeguard the security of your personal information, no transmissions made on or through the Internet are guaranteed to be secure. Please note that we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use our Site and provide us with your information at your own risk.
- We and our marketing partners, affiliates, or analytics or service providers, use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, browser and device fingerprinting, network traffic monitoring, active scripting, recognition technologies and scripts, to analyze trends, administer the Site, tracking users' movements around the Site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual and aggregated basis.
Additionally, the Site may use Adobe's analytics and on-site personalization services. See https://www.adobe.com/privacy/analytics.html for more information. To learn about opting out of the use of Adobe cookies for analytics and on-site personalization, visit https://www.adobe.com/privacy/opt-out.html#4.
- After you opt out of the use of Adobe cookies for analytics and on-site personalization, Adobe will no longer collect and analyze information via cookies associated with your browser for these services.
- When you opt out, Adobe will place opt-out cookies on your browser. If you delete your cookies, change browsers, or change devices, you will need to repeat this opt-out process. Also, please note that this opt-out process will work only if your browser is set to accept all cookies.
- The Site may use code provided by Yahoo! to collect information about goods and services of interest, including, in connection with the collection of information to provided behaviorally targeted or interest-based advertisements to you. To learn more about the choices offered by Yahoo!, visit the Yahoo! Ad Interest manager at https://aim.yahoo.com/aim/us/en/optout/.
- We use browser local storage, such as HTML5, to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our Site or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity also use Flash cookies and HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5. To manage Flash cookies, please click here.
- There may be other tracking technologies now and later devised and used by us in connection with the Site. Further, third parties may use tracking technologies in connection with our Site, which may include the collection and storing of information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services.
- We may partner with one or more third parties to either display advertising on the Site or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third-party partner(s) may use tracking technologies to gather information about your activities on the Sites and other websites to provide you targeted advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish not to have this information used for the purpose of serving you targeted ads, you may be able to opt-out by visiting:
- Statements regarding our practices do not apply to the methods for collecting information used by these third parties or the use of the information that such third parties collect. We do however work with third parties to make efforts to have you provided with information on their practices and any available opportunity to exercise choice. We make no representations regarding the policies or practices of third party advertisers or advertising networks or exchanges or related third parties.
- If you click on a link to a third-party site, you will leave the Site that you are visiting and be redirected to the site you selected. Because we cannot control the activities of third parties, we cannot (and do not) accept responsibility for any use of your personal data by such third parties, and we cannot (and do not) guarantee that they will adhere to the same privacy practices as RealDefense. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any other service provider from whom you request services. If you visit a third-party site that is linked to a Site, you should read that third-party site's privacy statement before providing any personal data.
- If you use a forum on any of the Sites, you should be aware that any personal data you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personal data you choose to submit in these forums. You may remove your post along with your personal data you submit within these forums by contacting us email@example.com.
- Our Site(s) may include social media features, such as the "Share This" button that allows you to like us on Facebook or share our content on Twitter. These features may collect your IP address and which page you are visiting on our Sites, and they may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Sites. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the applicable company(ies) providing them.
Jurisdiction and Laws
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of RealDefense who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding twelve (12) calendar months. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to:
RealDefense LLC General Counsel
1541 Ocean Ave. Suite 200
Santa Monica, CA 90401
Attn: California Privacy Rights
Customer Escalation Team
1541 Ocean Ave. Suite 200
Santa Monica, CA 90401